January 08, 2011

As attacks get heavier, I'm more and more proud of my ISP

I wear the t-shirt of my ISP with pride today.. I saw one of the founders of XS4ALL is being spied on by the US Department Of Justice. Next to me in my t-shirt, you see his passport heading his blog. The illustration links to his blog that is nicely written in English. In my opinion, freedom of speech is under heavy attack right now.
  Some of my dearest friends are already getting scared of what they can write in their emails, twitter, facebook. This war on information is slowly (well, slowly?...).... turning the US into a communist-type control state that is spying on it's own citizens, and scaring them from whispering their opinion in their "private" emails. I seriously wonder how long it will take till the public will rise up against this. Will right wing America take the lead on this? They have a strong feeling for the constitution, but even a stronger urge to push the power of corporate America with help of the govt. and the army.
Just because the government is ashamed that someone showed the world what happens in their war, they try with all their might to silence the already silent majority. Just like in China, the former USSR and other dictatorial regimes, the people are getting scared to speak their mind. The threat of having to spend all your hard earned cash on lawyers fees, of being called an enemy of the state, it is all starting to look very much like the society described in George Orwell's book "1984" The news channels are being spoonfed their information by the ministry of the truth, and repeat it like parrots. Do you know how much the pentagon spends of your tax-money on p.r.? If you don't, google it...see if you can still find it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel free to post any comments,.. bigotry will be moderated :)